Trouble removing bathroom fixture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Have you tried a cold chisel and a hammer and going at the nut's tabs sideways to try to loosen the nut? Don't apply any force down, but only sideways, counter-clockwise.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Only if you promise to vote for him, and he has not already given you more entitlements, or amnesty.
At this point, I think we are damned if we do and damned if we don't (vote for him) which one is the bigger liar? If I don't vote, I'm a bad American citizen, if I do, I made the wrong choice. Or did I? I'm voting for that guy with the big ears again in the political cartoons anyway. 4 more years to prove he is right or 4 more years to destroy us.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
quote; 4 more years to prove he is right or 4 more years to destroy us.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
From both sides, I see and hear another quote. Liar, liar pants on fire.

Another would be out of the frying pan into the fire. Its surely not funny, though. I'm barely a middle income person, in retirement. Mebbe I am entitled.

pdrmant

Reaction score
OK, got the dang thing off! Borrowed a couple of Stimson wrenches and got a grip around the underside fixture. Then I tried getting the biggest wrench around the large deteriorating part of the fixture on the topside. After a couple of twists I was on my way. When that part came off, the unit fell through the bottom. So the last thing I tried before the circ saw actually worked! One down, three to go. Thanks to all!

Oh, and I definitely think it's getting harder to determine which evil is lesser!

P

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Congratulations, and it only took you a week. I doubt that my customers would wait that long, and pay me for the time. We try to do it in a half hour or less.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, and it only took you a week. I doubt that my customers would wait that long, and pay me for the time. We try to do it in a half hour or less.
Yah, but you are experienced with this stuff and know all the tricks of the trade at your tender age of 70 something?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; but you are experienced with this stuff and know all the tricks of the trade

Perfectly true, but I told you some of them a week ago and expected you to follow them and not keep trying to rationalize your way of doing it.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
quote; but you are experienced with this stuff and know all the tricks of the trade

Perfectly true, but I told you some of them a week ago and expected you to follow them and not keep trying to rationalize your way of doing it.
Moi? No you told them to pdrmant I believe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
My first reply was that he had to remove the top nut to get the faucet out. My second one was "More like a Dremel Tool or hacksaw." And that is what I would have done if it were I. What is Pdrmant?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My first reply was that he had to remove the top nut to get the faucet out. My second one was "More like a Dremel Tool or hacksaw." And that is what I would have done if it were I. What is Pdrmant?
HJ, I know that, I was just kidding around here.

pdrmant is the original poster's name who asked how to remove his/her faucet. See post number 1, 3, 5, 8, 12, 14, and 28 and you will see his/her "name" above the Texas flag.

You mad at me cause I "may" vote for Obama? You know I may not too. My town govt is Republican. Yesterday they had a vote to exceed the Real Estate tax increase cap of 2% set by NY State governor Andrew Cuomo to have an increase of, see this:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/towns/islip-officials-pass-law-to-exceed-tax-cap-1.4095216

The town supervisor in his election campaign promised to decrease taxes. Promise them anything but give them (Arpege?, no GRIEF) I PAY just under $8K a year for my real estate tax for a ranch house on 1/3 Acre.

65% Tax increase. Hey, I'm coming to Arizona

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote: Promise them anything but give them (

Even when they promise they will only run for one or two terms, you cannot believe them. As the cartoon said, "now that they are elected, they can focus on their REAL job, which is to get reelected".

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
quote: Promise them anything but give them (

Even when they promise they will only run for one or two terms, you cannot believe them. As the cartoon said, "now that they are elected, they can focus on their REAL job, which is to get reelected".

Sometimes, even an in-place law limiting the NYC mayor to 2 terms is over ridden. Bloomberg seems to have done a decent job according to some. I don't follow NYC politics much since I moved out of the city, but he convinced the NYC council to approve the extra term(s). At least he takes no salary, as he doesn't need it, for sure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/21/n...s-3rd-term-for-bloomberg-poll-finds.html?_r=0

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks