Replacement trim kit for old Pfister roman tub

Users who are viewing this thread

mako77

Reaction score
I would like to replace this trim kit. Price Pfister says this is their model but they don't have on that fits without changing the valve. I don't have access to the valve without cutting into exterior wall or ruining the front of the cultured marble tub. Is there an after market solution or another avenue to pursue?

Optimized-027.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What are you trying to change it to? A new spout will work if you change the adapter. I don't remember if your plastic retainers will work with the new stem escutcheons, but I think I put "O" rings on them to increase their size. And Pfister should have "short" Roman Tub stems if you want differenent handles.

Last edited:

mako77

Reaction score
Attached is photos of what I bought before I knew it wouldn't work with current valve. Will this work with the modifications you recommended or do I need to look for something else?

Optimized-032.jpg
Optimized-033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh V

Reaction score
I am praying someone can help - I just removed the exact same brass price pfister roman tub spout. I need to install a new brushed nickel spout. I cannot access under the tub and all that is there is the existing 1” of exposed 1/2” brass and the old bracket. Does anyone know of something I can buy to install on this?

F4978433-6165-4216-813D-79791AA7743D.jpeg
9F8D8313-3774-4471-A335-128CC4C2112D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks