Irrigation Well Pump Stop Working After Breaker Jumped - Please Help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tpham2001

Reaction score
How far "down the well" did you install the CSV? You will lose 1 PSI for every 2.31 feet the CSV is set below ground level.

Valveman,
The CSV is 18' down. New plan, bring the CSV valve up as close as possible to ground level and see what happens.
Thanks,
Twin

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Raising the CSV 18' will add 8 PSI. Increasing the adjusment screw two full turns will increase the pressure another 10 PSI. This should get your zone to work at 38 PSI instead of 20.

Tpham2001

Reaction score
Raising the CSV 18' will add 8 PSI. Increasing the adjusment screw two full turns will increase the pressure another 10 PSI. This should get your zone to work at 38 PSI instead of 20.

Hi Valveman,
Apologize for the late reply, holiday season is crazy here and finally things are slowly getting back to somewhat normal.
That being said, I relocated the valve to above ground, turn the screw two turns as you said; sadly, I do not get 38 psi as you stated. Instead I still reading 20 psi. To solve my problem, I set the longest zone to water different day.

Thanks again for your help.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Glad you got it working. But that pump cannot deliver 15 GPM at 50 PSI unless the water level in the well is less than about 40'. I think the water level is pulling down more than that and you are just running out of pump.

Tpham2001

Reaction score
Glad you got it working. But that pump cannot deliver 15 GPM at 50 PSI unless the water level in the well is less than about 40'. I think the water level is pulling down more than that and you are just running out of pump.

If I understand you correctly, my pump is down too deep in the well (60 feet or there about). I don't know the water table depth, therefore I'm not comfortable raising the pump to say 35-40 feet depth due to risk of running dry and will pretty much burn the pump. Do you think city records would have permit issued for the well? If so, I might be able to find out the water table for this area and the depth of the well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It doesn't matter that the pump is set at 60'. The pump is only lifting from the pumping level of the well. If the pumping level is 20', then that is all the pump sees. But if the pumping level pulls down to 50+ feet, that reduces how much pressure the pump can produce.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks