(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Irrigation Well Pump Stop Working After Breaker Jumped - Please Help.

Quote Originally Posted by valveman View Post
    Raising the CSV 18' will add 8 PSI. Increasing the adjusment screw two full turns will increase the pressure another 10 PSI. This should get your zone to work at 38 PSI instead of 20.
    Hi Valveman,
    Apologize for the late reply, holiday season is crazy here and finally things are slowly getting back to somewhat normal.
    That being said, I relocated the valve to above ground, turn the screw two turns as you said; sadly, I do not get 38 psi as you stated. Instead I still reading 20 psi. To solve my problem, I set the longest zone to water different day.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad you got it working. But that pump cannot deliver 15 GPM at 50 PSI unless the water level in the well is less than about 40'. I think the water level is pulling down more than that and you are just running out of pump.

Quote Originally Posted by valveman View Post
    Glad you got it working. But that pump cannot deliver 15 GPM at 50 PSI unless the water level in the well is less than about 40'. I think the water level is pulling down more than that and you are just running out of pump.
    If I understand you correctly, my pump is down too deep in the well (60 feet or there about). I don't know the water table depth, therefore I'm not comfortable raising the pump to say 35-40 feet depth due to risk of running dry and will pretty much burn the pump. Do you think city records would have permit issued for the well? If so, I might be able to find out the water table for this area and the depth of the well.

It doesn't matter that the pump is set at 60'. The pump is only lifting from the pumping level of the well. If the pumping level is 20', then that is all the pump sees. But if the pumping level pulls down to 50+ feet, that reduces how much pressure the pump can produce.