Bryant evolution Power usage

Users who are viewing this thread

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
Hey everyone, is there anyway or anyone that could let me know what my 2 stage Bryant Evolution 3 ton and 2 ton heat pumps use for power when running? I can't seem to find this info anywhere? And and all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your time.:p

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have an electrical meter? With as much as you can turn off, count the revolutions of the meter while they're on, individually, if you can. The scale will be printed on the meter. Now, if you have a newer, hi-tech meter, you may not be able to do that.

But, the data plate (likely underneath the access cover) should show what they draw. You'd need to add in whatever the air handler used as well, and if it needed auxilliary heat, those resistance heaters can really add up. One thing to keep in mind, if you try to do a significant setback overnight, because of the amount of heat needed to bring the house back up to temp (verses what it takes to just keep it there), you may find that it costs more to set back than it would to run the thing at a more constant temperature...if aux heat is triggered, the heat is a 1:1, not some multiplier of the heat pump that could be 3:1 or so. The duration and size of the setback would determine whether it's cheaper to just go stable, or keep setting back.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
In a place as warm in winter as Vancouver I'd disable the aux heat strips and use a programmable thermostat with some smarts that can anticipate how soon it needs to start to hit the setpoint at the desired time. Heat loads of decently tight, small to mid-sized houses are usually well within 3 tons, often under 2 tons. (The 99% design temp for Vancouver is only about -5C.) Recovery ramps might be a bit slow on deep setbacks without aux heat strips, but the efficiency is much higher.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks