Finish Basement Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Alpha Q

Reaction score
I bought a new house and asked to have a bathroom roughed in the basement. It has an ejection pit. I am in the construction industry and can do the plumbing myself. I just don't understand how they ran the piping. I have enclosed photos and it was roughed in for a shower, not a tub. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The 001j pic is two pipes coming out of floor, the 2 pipes on the wall in the same pic seam to go to the vent pipe.

Attachments

• Plumbing 005d.jpg
    Plumbing 005d.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 442
  • Plumbing 006b.jpg
    Plumbing 006b.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Plumbing 009b.jpg
    Plumbing 009b.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 377
  • Plumbing 013a.jpg
    Plumbing 013a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Plumbing 001j.jpg
    Plumbing 001j.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
In the 005 picture there are two pipes from the ejection pit. The one without the valve is clearly a vent, based on the direction of the tees. The one with the valve appears to be the discharge.

I think you will find that the two pipes in picture 001 drain to the ejector pit. If you run some water into them, the pump should start to pump it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks