Sand point well pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

S0394387

Reaction score
I have a new sand point well that that I have driven for an underground sprinkler system and have some questions. I am down about 32 feet and hit water at about 20 to 25 feet. I put a check valve right above the point (this might have been a bad idea). It is running off a 1 HP shallow well jet pump and getting about 11 GPM straight out of the pump. I know that this will drop once I restrict the flow to get enough pressure. I am concerned about getting good pressure and not sure the best way to go about testing this. I am thinking that I can hook up a few above ground sprinklers with a pressure gauge attached but I don’t know if this will be an accurate method. I fear that I will find that I am unable to get the required flow at the required pressure to run the system. The zones are not laid out yet so I am trying to get this info to design my system.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Put a ballvalve on it along with a pressure gauge before it. Slowly close the valve and watch the pressure and measure the GPM of flow. Match the results of the test to the sprinkler head requirements.

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
if the 11 GPM keeps up for a couple of hours you'll be fne, it just depends on how many sprinkles you want to run at a time you can do 11GPM at 60 psi, just depends on the hp of the pump. What model pump and hp are you using right now? it could be that you are just running at the max of the pump right now and that your sandpoint is capable of more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks