Shower noise

Users who are viewing this thread

nadia

Reaction score
I have a moen single shower faucet and it makes a noise when the water handle is in the middle the noise stops when the handle is all the way on hot or cold. Do you know what the problem is

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I have a moen single shower faucet and it makes a noise when the water handle is in the middle the noise stops when the handle is all the way on hot or cold. Do you know what the problem is

I wish I could help you. Sometimes showers make strange noises. Is it a new install or and older one?

JW

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Do you know what the problem is

You have not provided enough information to determine whether the "problem" is real or imagined. Is this a new installation or old? If old, has the noise level changed over time?

Most modern shower valves have a pressure balance spool that monitors the pressure on both supplies and meters the output accordingly. This spool can produce a sound. The constriction of flow through the valve also produces a sound. When the control is set to full hot or full cold, the restriction on one side is less and the pressure balance spool seeing only one side has no role to play.

Natineah

Reaction score
I suggest that you call a plumber in your area because I can't really determine the problem of your shower.

nadia

Reaction score
It is an older shower.It is a townhouse built in 2007 and I just bought it and the sound is very loud.When the water is on it does not make a noise when the handle is all the way on hot or cold but when the handle is in the middle after a few minutes the sound starts. I have taken the shower head down but the noise still comes through the water pipe.

nadia

Reaction score
In the ''middle" is when the flow is the greatest. Take the shower head off and run the water to see if that is where the noise is occurring.

I took the shower head down and the noise was still coming through the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks