Vessel Sink Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

apnep

Reaction score
Please help!

I am trying to install my vessel sink but I can't stop it from leaking at the base of the sink. What the heck am I doing wrong??

I put plumber's putty under the lip of the drain, inserted the drain into the hole, attached the gasket and nut directly underneath. How do I get it to stop leaking?
Do I need to put plumber's putty on the gasket too? I don't think I over tightened.

sink1.jpg
sink2.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Angela

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are threads on the drain pipe for the nut to tighten the drain to the bowl. Sometimes, the gasket seals to the bottom of the sink, but water can leak along the threads. So, loosen that nut, rub some plumber's putty on the threads near the point the nut will be when it is retightened, retighten the nut and see if that stops it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks