Kitchen Double sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Rngr275

Reaction score
I am installing a double kitchen sink in an existing room (new Kitchen). The drain will come up through the floor. Are there any preferences for 1) Stub height, 2) Drain centered or offset in the cabinet, anything else I should look out for or plan for? If you had some guideline dimensions that would be great!

Thanx,
McD

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
WIth the drain up thru the floor, how are you dealing with the vent to avoid an S-trap? As for height, there are rules of thumb, but often using that if you put in a deeper sink, the stub is too high. Take measurements on what you are putting in

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Since it is a new installation, and you are coming out of the floor, which is seldom a good idea, but done by DIYers and handymen frequently when they are not getting inspections, you can cut it to fit when you connect to the sink. Doing it your way it is seldom a good idea to locate the riser close to the sink's drains.

Rngr275

Reaction score
The cabinet is going against a finished wall under a window so up through the floor is how it will be installed (H2O also). I will need to install an air admittance valve. Wish I wasn't but they are leagal here and will have to do. I will adjust the height of the drain but what about the position in the cabinet... center drain front to back and left to right or some offset left to right, etc. Is there a better/preferred spot in the cabinet?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depends somewhat on the shape and size of the sink you plan to install. You don't really want to waste most of the useable space underneath the sink by having it too far forward. Then, keep in mind it has to continue up as high as possible and still be able to remove the AAV for replacment. When I redid my mother's that way (it originally had an S-trap from the 50's), her sink was sized and located in the counter such that I could get all of this behind the sink and still make the connections, leaving her with a good portion of the cabinet for storage. You could also do it to the side near the back and not waste too much space, giving you access to the AAV. Depends on both the cabinet size and sink size.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks