Any idea what this pipe in my yard is?

Users who are viewing this thread

AW1976

Reaction score
Just bought a house a while back and this metal pipe is in the yard at the edge of the property which is up against 200+ acres of woods that was used by our local water company but now is open space. Does anyone know what this pipe is? I was hoping if it was water/well related I could try and utilize it for drawing water for my garden. Otherwise if it's unused I was hoping to find out about removing it.

Image0226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AW1976

Reaction score
Sweet. Now forgive my ignorance as I know nothing about wells and I imaging it's hard to gauge the condition based on my pic, but assuming there is water in the well all I should need is a pump to draw it up? And what is a packer adapter? The house has city water but as I mentioned the 200+ acres behind my house were used by our local water company until they sold the land as open space so I would imagine the previous owner was getting water from it. Assuming the well has water and the pipes and everything in good shape, is it a true statement that the expensive part may already be done? Is this a common setup for small wells? I was going to have a local groundwater company come by and check it out, anything I should ask, pay special attention to etc?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Here is a cross-section of a packer jet. The assumptions are many and perhaps overly optimistic given the age of what you have.

00005912-00003.png