Need Advice on New Toilets for Commercial Facility

Users who are viewing this thread

stptfun

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a commercial building that I need to replace 6 toilets. The bathrooms only have 1/2" supply lines.
The toilets I have now are getting old, giving me a fit with repairs and I need a good solid toilet that will
handle a commercial environment.

I need some advice from you pros, and am looking for:

-Most powerful flush
-2 Piece Elongated
-ADA Compliance
-12" Rough-In

I have been reading this forum for a couple of days and the Toto Drake II CST744S 1.6 GPF looks like
something I would be interested in. I would welcome any suggestions from you guys on this or any
other product.

Thanks!

John

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Take a look at the Drake customer review thread. Drake Review Thread

As described therein, Terry has used the Drake in a number of places like restaurants, churches, etc..

It goes without saying that the Drake flush is legendary.

The product you are talking about is the Drake, not the Drake II. To the extent you need the ADA-compliant product, its model number is CST744SL. You need the "L" in the model number for it to be ADA-compliant. It's a little-more expensive than the basic Drake CST744S, but not much.

It is also available in a 1.28 gpf version: CST744E and CST744EL. Most people say that the "E" version works just as well as the "S" version, and the E version is eligible for "Watersense" rebates of up to $100/toilet in the jurisdictions that offer them; several in Virginia do. Rebate Finder It's the same toilet with different tank guts (i.e. fill valve and flapper).

If you want the Drake II (a little fancier-looking), the basic model CST454CEFG comes with easy-clean CEFIONTECT, a "universal" height (ADA-compliant with the proper seat), the "double-cyclone" flush, which does a great job of flushing and bowl cleaning, and a 1.28 flush. If the toilet is getting a lot of use, perhaps the 1.28 flush will save you a little more money on water.

Both toilets use parts that are readily available at Lowe's (Korky flapper and Korky replacement fill valve), and the standard model is on a 12" rough-in.

As far as seats go, you can pick from any number of brands, but the Toto open-front commercial seats are pretty nice and solid.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't add much to WJ's reply, but I believe the Drake was originally designed for commercial use. It would be a very wise choice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One thing nice about the low-flush toilets (as opposed to those of yore that didn't work) is that they fill faster since you use less water. And if heavily used, that can make a big difference on water and sewer charges at the end of the year. The CEFIONTECT finish helps it stay and look cleaner longer, which may help in the maintenance and appearance side. They have readily available, reasonably priced maintenance parts (flapper and fill valve), so that makes ultimate maintenance easier and cheaper. The ADA versions likely are the only ones that have the option of side for the trip lever handle to accommodate an installation that may require one on the right verses the more common, lefthand side.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The ADA versions likely are the only ones that have the option of side for the trip lever handle to accommodate an installation that may require one on the right verses the more common, lefthand side.

FWIW, all flavors of the original Drake come with a right-handle option. That's because, being a two-piece, you can marry the tank to either the regular or ADA-height bowl...

So, you have CST744SR (or 743 for the round)
CST744ER
CST744SLR
CST744ELR
CST744ELRB (with bolt down lid)
CST744SLRB (with bolt down lid)
CST744SGR (with CEFIONTECT)
CST744ERG and the previous nomenclature CST744EGR (they now seem to like to put the G at the end, as in CST454CEFRG for the right-handle Drake II)
You can't get the ADA height Original Drake in CEFIONTECT, so there is no cst744elrg, and there is really no "S" bowl anymore as both the regular and ADA-height S toilets use the E bowl (i.e. CST744SL is made up of the ST743S tank and the C744EL bowl).

Obviously, if you need CEFIONTECT and ADA-compliance, you can put the correct seat on the Drake II, which of course comes with universal height and CEFIONTECT standard. And comes with a right-handle-tank option.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks