(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: How do I extend my faucet flex supply lines?

Default How do I extend my faucet flex supply lines?

I miscalculated and placed my angle valves too low and now the faucet supply lines won't reach....shoulda bought the faucet first. Can I buy supply line extensions? If not I guess my choices are to remove the compression angle valves, elbow the copper up a few inches....don't wanna do this now, looking for a quick fix.

Maybe supply extensions are not available? Maybe I just need to find a female-female coupling and add on another short supply line.

This hack needs help
    Last edited by Scott Vroom; 09-15-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Why in the world would you think you need to remove the valves? Why can't you just get a longer supply line? Do you have a faucet
    with integral supply lines? If so, just get some more lines that match the valve outlet and whatever's on the end of the faucet line.

You buy two 3/8"x3/8" compression couplings, and two 3/8"x3/8"x12" or or longer, depending on what they have, braided stainless steel hoses.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    You buy two 3/8"x3/8" compression couplings, and two 3/8"x3/8"x12" or or longer, depending on what they have, braided stainless steel hoses.
    Would you mind posting a picture of the 3/8" x 3/8" compression couplings you refer to? The end of the braided hose comming off the faucet has a 3/8" female fitting with a rubber washer....doesn't sound like a compressing fitting to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by Scott Vroom; 09-16-2012 at 08:25 AM.

The threads of the nut at the end of the faucet supply line are meant to attach to a 3/8" male compression fitting, as is found on the vast majority of
    supply valve outlets used today in the U.S. The fitting HJ mentioned is just a chunk of brass with a male 3/8" fitting at each end.

Understood.....already picked up the piece parts at the local hardware. Easy fix.....after you've done it once

Thanks for the help folks....

Quote Originally Posted by kreemoweet View Post
    The threads of the nut at the end of the faucet supply line are meant to attach to a 3/8" male compression fitting, as is found on the vast majority of
    supply valve outlets used today in the U.S. The fitting HJ mentioned is just a chunk of brass with a male 3/8" fitting at each end.