(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: HELP with installing neverscrub in my kohler toilet

Default HELP with installing neverscrub in my kohler toilet

hey yall. I'm a 65 year old lady and my son just purchased some neverscrub units for my two toilets. i am having a hard time understanding and installing. there is already a tube in my tank but this unit says to place its own tube to fill valve and other down the overflow pipe.

i checked their website www.neverscrub.com but my ipad does not let me view flash sites.... any ideas? i heard it does wonders in removing rust and hard water stains.

anyone know if it's safe for tank parts? most toilet companies does not want drop in cleaners but neverscrub states it has no contact. any help would be appreciated

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Basically, the hose that currently goes to the overflow tube gets taken off, then the neverscrub gets installed. The water that goes down the overflow to fill the bowl instead, goes through the neverscrub device first. So, it does not put any chemicals in the tank to eat up the rubber.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default thank you sir! i've got it to work and loved neverscrub so much, i ordered 2 more~

thank you sir! I had my son come in and install it for me. Silly me, I didn't read the direction by removing the current hose!
    I suppose at my old age, my eyes are just not the same. i am thankful for your response and after a week of using neverscrub, i noticed all my hard water stains were gone. that's when i had my son order me two more of the neverscrub systems.

bless your heart for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    Basically, the hose that currently goes to the overflow tube gets taken off, then the neverscrub gets installed. The water that goes down the overflow to fill the bowl instead, goes through the neverscrub device first. So, it does not put any chemicals in the tank to eat up the rubber.
    Last edited by jennyjones65; 09-14-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyjones65 View Post
    thank you sir! I had my son come in and install it for me. Silly me, I didn't read the direction by removing the current hose!
    I suppose at my old age, my eyes are just not the same. i am thankful for your response and after a week of using neverscrub, i noticed all my hard water stains were gone. that's when i had my son order me two more of the neverscrub systems.

bless your heart for your help.
    Thanks for the review! I had been wondering about how well the product worked. Our newer toilets don't seem to need "help" keeping stains away, but a couple of the older ones could use a boost. I will have to try it on one! Thanks again.