Mark 100 problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Flanadr11

Reaction score
For a little over a week now we have been experiencing water flow problems. At times, you may end up with just a trickle for a few moments.....it does vary some. I bypassed the water softener yesterday and the flow to the house has never been better. There has not been one episode of poor flow since. Can anyone offer advice on what the potential problem is and a remedy. Thanks for any help.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most likely there are a number of things going on between the valve body and the media in the tank.
Has the system been using salt over the last few months with no change?
There is one place for the culligan that if it gets some stuff in it the flow will go down hill.

Age of your system? City water or Well water? Pre filter before the culligan?

Flanadr11

Reaction score
No pre filter, city water, to the best of my knowledge 12 y/o system. It has been using salt over the last few months with no apparent problems.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am not sure if Culligan used a part in the 100 like they did in the earlier systems, but the part is where the incoming water goes through the valve on its way into the media tank.
The part was like a flow deflector and if there build up then it will choke off the water flow into the system.

Rjh2o

Reaction score
Most likely a plugged outlet manifold. Use to be a pretty common problem with Culligan units. Pull the outlet manifold, clean it and re-install
RJ

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks