Discontinued kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

BrianZ

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to replace a worn out Delta 'single lever waterfall faucet' 26964 (just the visible parts - spout, lever, sprayer - above the counter). The Delta site says its discontinued. Is there something similar that can be attached to the same fittings?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No, but depending on why you need them a call to 1-800-345DELT may help. If they do not have the parts, depending on the age of the faucet, they may send you a new one.

BrianZ

Reaction score
Thanks, that worked. (The faucet spout had to be replaced because the plastic retainer that keeps it in place wore out and the spout itself had corrosion holes in it.)

Since I bought a house containing the faucet, rather than buying the faucet separately, the warranty does not apply. The price was $108 for the spout and the sprayer (which had also corroded out so needed replacement). The Delta Rep did hint that I might find it cheaper at 'local vendors', but with gas prices being what they are, and my lack of knowledge as to where to find extinct faucet parts, I went with the quick fix.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Delta Rep did hint that I might find it cheaper at 'local vendors', but with gas prices being what they are, and my lack of knowledge as to where to find extinct faucet parts, I went with the quick fix.

Very unlikely you would find those parts locally. If you have the Delta part numbers, you could google.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Since I bought a house containing the faucet, rather than buying the faucet separately, the warranty does not apply.

To me the warranty ALWAYS applies.

BrianZ

Reaction score
warrantee

You must be better at sweet-talking the Delta reps. She did give me 25% off, whatever that means.

BrianZ

Reaction score
Not really, I just do not give them a chance to start talking about "no warranty" or costs. I just assume it is warranteed and go from there.

I should have talked to you before ordering. Yes...how the heck would she know who bought the faucet and who bought the house in which the faucet was installed. Her job is to rip me off while seeming to be helpful. I should have turned the tables on her. Well, next time I'll be prepared.

(Faucet arrives in 7 to 14 days, can't wait since I had to remove the aerator to prevent the broken one from popping off. Splatters water all over the place.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks