Should I roll up all my wyes

Users who are viewing this thread

afrye707

Reaction score
I have been working on my rough in. Everything is going good I just have one question. On my vents I rolled up my wye and placed a 45 on the end and ran the pipe over to my stud wall. On my drains should I also roll up my wyes and place a 45 and then send the arm out to its desired location. Basically I have my 3" main line coming in a 3" wye that runs towards my toilet and shower drains a wye that sends a 2" arm out for my shower and the pipe continues about 2' until the 90 for the toilet. Should I roll the wye for my shower arm?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You roll wyes whey wyes need to be rolled. No part of a vent may run horizontal until it is 6" above the flood level rim of the fixture served so just rolling a wye and sticking a 45 in it may or may not be ok. If that 45 points vertical then yes. If it runs horizontal then no.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
for drains you can do anything you want with the "Y"s. It is only a vent that has to be rolled up, and even then it is not always a legal installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks