(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The CST454CUFG Drake II 1G is up on the Toto Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by wjcandee View Post
    Awesome! That flush cable arrangement is fascinating. Looks like the interior is solid and set to last a while. Thanks again!

PS Hard to believe that that's your first install. You really did a nice job!
    Thanks! The instructions were clear and I watched the sani-seal videos so I was pretty prepared as to how to do this. The Internet makes a pretty good teacher.

I'm thinking of replacing our last old basement toilet. We now have a Drake and a Vespin, both 1.6 gpf 2 pc units that I installed quite some time ago, love them both! I also like the Sanigloss coating and the simplicity of them. In looking for the basement I see the 1.28 gpf Drake II and the new 1.0 gpf Drake II that's the latest & greatest. It makes me want to consider buying the 1.0 gpf to replace the 1.6 Drake, and move it to the basement since that ones less used. But I don't see much history on the 1.0 yet. I'd like to think TOTO wouldn't release a product that was sub-par, but I also like other's opinions. Any more feedback to add on using the 1.0 Drake II? Anyone else have suggestions on which Drake to buy? Original, 1.28 or 1.0 Drake II?
    Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by robbiesd View Post
    I'm thinking of replacing our last old basement toilet. We now have a Drake and a Vespin, both 1.6 gpf 2 pc units that I installed quite some time ago, love them both! I also like the Sanigloss coating and the simplicity of them. In looking for the basement I see the 1.28 gpf Drake II and the new 1.0 gpf Drake II that's the latest & greatest. It makes me want to consider buying the 1.0 gpf to replace the 1.6 Drake, and move it to the basement since that ones less used. But I don't see much history on the 1.0 yet. I'd like to think TOTO wouldn't release a product that was sub-par, but I also like other's opinions. Any more feedback to add on using the 1.0 Drake II? Anyone else have suggestions on which Drake to buy? Original, 1.28 or 1.0 Drake II?
    Robbie
    Unfortunately Robbie, I haven't had any Toto toilets before to give you any comparisons to. So far we continue to be very happy with the 1.0 gpf. Happy enough at this point that I added a Washlet S350e to the toilet. I'm probably going to order another 1.0 gpf Drake ii in the near future to replace our other 25 year old American Standard. One of the nice things about the e series Washlets is that they spray down the sides of the bowl prior to and after usage. The Sanigloss finish is not the end all and depending upon the user, we find that the brush has to be used if you don't want to offend the next person using the toilet. I love the video where someone uses some type of pen to draw a circle around the bowl and to watch the flush remove the circle.

Jack

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Get a $30 or $75 Rebate on Toilets in Seattle.
    Customers can receive a $30 rebate when they purchase a new WaterSense-labeled high-efficiency toilet (HET). Beginning June 1, 2013, a $75 rebate will be available for the purchase of the new generation of WaterSense toilets called PremiumWaterSense. Premium toilets flush at 1.06 gallons per flush (gpf) and include American Standard, Niagara, Toto, Kohler and Pro-Flow models.

Eligibility Requirements:

• Customers must reside within the Saving Water Partnership service territory.
    • Only one WaterSense eligible toilet per household will be rebated. Check for eligible toilets by using the EPA's WaterSense product search before purchasing a toilet.

Drake II CST454CEFG and Drake II 1G, CST454CUFG
    Last edited by Terry; 05-20-2013 at 03:28 PM.

There's only one brand listed that I would dare trust with a 1.0gpf flush.