First time poster. This forum has been invaluable in keeping my jet pump setup limping along but you can on put so many band aids on a bullet hole.
I've done a lot of research both here and on the net and I want to make sure I understand what I'm doing.
Here are a few specifics on the well.
- Well is 135' deep.
- It's a 6 inch casing.
- The well head (distance to water surface) is 74'
- I only have 110 at pump house and not going to run 220 to it.
Ok, now here are some of my questions.
- Will a 1/2 hp 10 gpm pump be sufficient?
- What is the difference between a 2 wire and a 3 wire pump?
- Do I have to run a ground wire to the well casing?
- As I understand the wire should be taped to the supply line every 5'-8', but the safety rope I use should stand seperate?
- Does the nylon rope support the pump or is it supported by the pipe (PE) coming through the well cap like the current setup?
I'm sure I'll have a few more questions but that will have to wait until I finish my coffee.