(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: New Trane 2stage VS CAC...Ques about wiring

Default New Trane 2stage VS CAC...Ques about wiring

Just want some advice as if 2 stage is wired correctly. The condenser model # is 4ttr5061e and the airhandler is 4tee3f66a1000aa...If i look at the install manual for the AH is says to use the Ylo terminal for the low stage, and the Y terminal for the 2nd stage, and the blue to blue ,BUT, In the condenser install manual...it states the Y from the AH should go to the Yel/BLK on the condenser, the BLK from the AH to the Yel/RD at the condenser, and the blue to the blue. Which is correct??? I currently have it hooked up the 1st way, but how do I know the condenser is running in the correct stage? Please help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vzw View Post
    Just want some advice as if 2 stage is wired correctly. The condenser model # is 4ttr5061e and the airhandler is 4tee3f66a1000aa...If i look at the install manual for the AH is says to use the Ylo terminal for the low stage, and the Y terminal for the 2nd stage, and the blue to blue ,BUT, In the condenser install manual...it states the Y from the AH should go to the Yel/BLK on the condenser, the BLK from the AH to the Yel/RD at the condenser, and the blue to the blue. Which is correct??? I currently have it hooked up the 1st way, but how do I know the condenser is running in the correct stage? Please help. Thanks.
    EDIT>>>>>>>FIgured it out. It was wired up wrong! I rewired it the 2nd way, and both stages and speeds now work! Im amazed at how many hack techs are out in the field.

Tranes need to be installed by Trane factory authoriized techs....who have access to factory tech support for just such questions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Tranes need to be installed by Trane factory authoriized techs....who have access to factory tech support for just such questions
    They were "factory trained" techs. I wont let them in my house again! Hacks...How easy is it to get "factory trained"?