basement, what is all this?

Users who are viewing this thread

sergebeaudry

Reaction score
hello! not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes

could anyone tell me what all this stuff is? i have a guess but i figure i should know for sure
photo-1.jpg

there is a another pipe just like the one on the wall on the other side
thanks in advance for any info!!

sergebeaudry

Reaction score
from what i have researched i figure the pipes that are on the walls are the wheeping tiles. the drain on the floor would be a sewer drain, this house is before 1985 when the wheeping tiles would drain into the sewer system. My guess for the big pipe that is capped off is that it is for a toilet? or maybe that is a connection to the sewer system...
I should also add that on the oposite corner of the house there is a sump pit with a sump pump... i suspect this was installed after...
any help at all would be appreciated, i dont want to do anything until i get this issue resolved!
thank in advance
serge!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your guess is as good as ours because what a pipe "looks" like may have nothing to do with what it does. That plugged opening is a cleanout, but whether it is a cleanout for the floor drain's trap or the main line is also impossible to tell without opening it and actually looking inside the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks