Moen Tub/Shower piping size & cartridge replacement...

Users who are viewing this thread

Why did I try this?

Reaction score
Hi,

My original tub/shower piping is 1/2" i.d. but then goes down to these narrow elbows into a Moen 1016p valve body. Is it standard to have the pipe connect in the valve body instead of o.d. of the valve body?

Thank you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many shower valves have male threads to accept a female threaded connector from the supply line. But, the inside of that valve is often bored out to accept the pipe in as if it was a coupling (i.e., it is the proper sized socket for accepting the supply pipe to be soldered in). Without seeing what you have, it probably is okay, but we'd need to see it to be sure.

Why did I try this?

Reaction score
Here it is Valve.jpg
My guess is that it is 3/8" i.d. The outside appears to be 1/2". The actual bent part, not the elbow openings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks