Fill Valve Spraying Tank Lid

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
The Fill Valve is spraying out of it's top. It hits the tank lid and drips out onto the floor. Is there an adjustment that can be made to prevent this?

Thanks in Advance,
Bill

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yes. But give us more info so we can help.

Do you know the make and model of the toilet? The type of fill valve? Can you post a photo?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some fill valves will drip downward during refill. Spraying up and onto the tank lid isn't going to work well for you though. Are you sure it isn't an unused port for the tube that refills the bowl through the overflow tube?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Look closely at the tube going to the overflow, and make sure it is fully inserted onto the nub of the fill valve, and isn't split or cracked.

Molo

Reaction score
I won't be able to provide a photo. The problem exists at my mothers house where I was visiting this past weekend (250 miles away).

I did check the flex tube from the fill valve to the overflow tube and it is not spraying. The spraying is coming from around the top of the fill valve. The fill valve looks like a modern fill valve, but it does have the floating ball w/rod.

Thanks in Advance,
Bill

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks