(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Threaded View

Default ok

I called this AM and they're sending me a single gasket.

She did say that my toilet has the newly redesigned flush assmebly from june 2007. How can a redesigned flush valve & seal still leak??!!?! They redesigned it because of all the leaking seal problems... but the redesign parts still leak? WTF?

So, they're sending me the exact same gasket I already have. I don't understand how the new one will be any better than the almost new one I have on my toilet now? I bet it's still gonna leak.

I asked for 2 gaskets in case the new one "goes bad" but she said no... If this one fails I can just call up again and get another one. She said I have a 10 year warranty... like it was some great benefit.

What if I'm the type of person who can't or won't go digging around inside their toilet to install this new seal? I have to call a plumber have them come to my home, install a part that has a design fault and pay the plumbers outrageous rates?!

Wow, I'm sure glad I got this awesome american standard champion toilet with the great 10 year warranty!
    Last edited by d0n; 06-11-2008 at 10:35 AM.