Plumbing Clean out

Users who are viewing this thread

Manseau

Reaction score
Can this be plumbed as the picture shows or can someone give me some advice on a different way.
Thank You

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 485

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The clean out is ok but I don't like the double wye on a washer. I'd rather see the washer come into the vertical below that other line if possible.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF that is REALLY a vent, then the washer has to connect with a sanitary tee, while the other side MAY connect with a "Y", assuming it is independently vented.

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
in ontario 1-1/2" is fine for washer drain..depending on the distance to p-trap for washer you can stack vent with the vent you are tieing into as long as there is no discharge above and you connect to "vent" using a T

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many of the newer WM pump water MUCH faster than the older ones, and while redoing things, you will be MUCH happier in the long run if you use 2".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; in ontario 1-1/2" is fine for washer drain

You are confusing a "minimum standard" with one that is adequate under ALL conditions. In the wall washer boxes ALL have a 2" drain outlet for a reason. The washer trap does NOT need an individual vent, IF that riser is truly a vent and not a drain from upper floor fixtures. Another thing we do not know is what the right hand pipe that "goes into the ground" does or is for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks