(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Leaking Kitchen Aid Fridge Freezer (model KBF S25EVMS3) - plugged drain line.

Threaded View

ACO Shower Drain Sales johnfrwhipple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Leaking Kitchen Aid Fridge Freezer (model KBF S25EVMS3) - plugged drain line.

Not sure where to post this question on my Kitchen Aid fridge. My wife just paid a repair man $140.00 today to fix a plugged drain line on our kitchen's fridge/freezer. It is a French Door fridge with built in ice maker and water inside.

We started noticing water dripping out of the freezer and first thought it was the kids leaving the door open or dropping ice cubes. Then I pointed my finger at my wife since I caught her one morning leaving it slightly open. With very careful use of the fridge and freezer we still had water dripping out and pooling in front of the fridge.

I pulled the fridge and turned the water off. I defrosted the ice build up in the bottom of the freezer and thought I had at least solved the problem. Nope. Keep happening.

What a piece of crap this fridge. So today the repair man comes and tells us the fridge is not under warranty and the drain line is plugged. What drain line? There is no drain line hooked up to the fridge so what was he talking about? Where does the drain go?

The repair man went on to say this will continue to happen every 2-3 years.... Are you kidding me? So every 2-3 years we can look forward to water staining our kitchen hardwood floors. Nice.

Any thoughts? Can I rig up a better drain line and run it into a separate plumbing line?

I have teased my wife about installing a linear drain in front of this fridge and she said no - but now it's looking like a good idea. Maybe I'll just pipe it in 1 1/2" ABS and run the line down into the laundry room's sink - kind of like a washing machine back in the day.

Last edited by johnfrwhipple; Today at 06:58 AM.

jfrwhipple@gmail.com - www-no-curb.com - 604 506 6792

Always get construction advice double checked by your local city hall. Flood Test Every Shower - Every Time.