Sorry about the delay, i actually replaced everything on 11/2/13. I did not get the csv due to time constraints. i did upgrade to a 44 gallon tank. I was unable to reuse any old parts except the gauge, all was frozen together and or wrong size. The stand pipe for the pressure switch was clean. I adjusted the switch so far the spring was not being touched, i could not make it closer than 30 psi swing, so i replaced it.
The new system which runs 40/60 has much better pressure and runs far less. Even with the larger tank it only takes about 55 seconds to fill from 40 to 60 psi. I see a csv in my future. I still need to recover from the cost of brass! The water hammer is significantly reduced as well.
I also took advantage of this time and re hung my well pipe. I chose to use pipe insulation and 1.5" plastic hangers. I can barely hear the hum now, and can no longer hear it upstairs at all.
Thanks for all your help.