where to find parts for old old faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to fix this faucet in my mother's house.

photo.jpg

The center "spout" piece has developed a small crack in the area where the drain plunger/closer rod is supposed to go. That piece rotates off and behind it looks like a threaded 1/4" pipe. I didn't expect home depot to have a new spout.. so I did the next best thing and took some of that magic plumbing epoxy putty and put it in the hole.. it slowed down the leak.. but its still dripping (only when faucet is on).

This thing is probably older than I am.. and I know the right thing to do is to rip it all out and replace it with an 18" vanity and a quality faucet from Moen, Delta, etc.. but this is a rental house.. my mother is getting a great deal from the landlord (my boss).. so I try to help out where I can. If I do replace the vanity.. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't patch up the floor with new tiles. and you know how that goes.. one thing leads to another and you have no walls left.. and this isn't my house to do a complete bathroom reno! haha

The perfect solution would be if I found another one of these spouts and could just put it on to stop the leak.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure, but code requirements of today probably wouldn't allow that valve set or arrangement. Code wants an air gap between the bottom of the spout and the flood rim of the sink, and if the thing got clogged, you probably wouldn't have the required minimum gap. As a result, I'm not sure you'd find a replacement.

We have some long-time plumbers here...one of them may have some good news and suggestions.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure, but code requirements of today probably wouldn't allow that valve set or arrangement. Code wants an air gap between the bottom of the spout and the flood rim of the sink, and if the thing got clogged, you probably wouldn't have the required minimum gap. As a result, I'm not sure you'd find a replacement.

We have some long-time plumbers here...one of them may have some good news and suggestions.

On that sink there is a proper air gap. It's hard to tell from the picture but the spout is more then high enough.
As far as parts they are available for that faucet. It's a Central faucet. Most plumbing supply houses will have what you need to rebuild that faucet.

John

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm gonna say either Central Brass or Gerber. Once you know what it is there are lots of places online that can get parts......maybe.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.. I'm gunna take this picture and the spout to the local plumbing houses.. I know of 3, but I'm pretty sure they are only open during the week, so I'll have to get creative with the scheduling.

Reaction score
Looks like they still make them.. but they are over $100.. so when the putty gives way.. I'm just gunna upgrade it to a regular faucet/vanity.. then she will also gain some storage underneath.

Thanks for your help

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
If the piece that's cracked is brass, you could solder or braze the crack and be good for another 50 years.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Your BEST shot is a search for a vintage plumbing store in Murphys, Ca. on line. They have 2 acres of a sales museum for old fixtures. Can get a 1800's toilet there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks