Flushmate and American Standard - class action lawsuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Netmouse

Reaction score
A new lawsuit is moving forward seeking class action status.

I received the repair kit, it is useless. The u-band cannot be inserted because there is no space at all due to the internal cord pressing tight between the Flushmate body and tank wall.

Netmouse

Reaction score
Because the repair kit did not fit my Flushmate/American Standard Cadet toilet set-up, after emailing photos they requested, they sent me a free replacement Flushmate unit. The serial number date is 8/27/2012 so it is hot off the press. There was a pre-paid label to Fed Ex the old unit back in the shipping box (pick-up or drop off).

dibbs

Reaction score
just read this post. We have 2 of these. We got the repair kits. On one, we have the same problem, the repair kit will not fit. (u-band). on the 2nd toilet, the band fit, but needless to say, the flush has no power. One has to flush at least 2 times. We are very unsatisfied. These were both expensive toilets, more so because the units are in bone(which costs more as well). These kits are useless and the toilets are not performing for what I paid for with the repair kit. We want what we paid for. Does the replacement piece they sent you work well? Strong flush?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
just read this post. We have 2 of these. We got the repair kits. On one, we have the same problem, the repair kit will not fit. (u-band). on the 2nd toilet, the band fit, but needless to say, the flush has no power. One has to flush at least 2 times. We are very unsatisfied. These were both expensive toilets, more so because the units are in bone(which costs more as well). These kits are useless and the toilets are not performing for what I paid for with the repair kit. We want what we paid for. Does the replacement piece they sent you work well? Strong flush?

What brand of toilet is this?
With some brands, there is a flow restrictor on the inlet that can be removed for a better flush.
Also, replacing the duckbill can improve the flush. Regardless, this should be repairable.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
To which Cadet models does this apply?

The Cadet model covers a lot of ground. The issue here is with with the Flushmate pressure assist unit between certain years.
Some Cadet toilet are gravity, which is a totally different animal than the pressure assist units.

Last edited:

dibbs

Reaction score
The toilets I am referring to are American Standard cadet, 2 piece, 1.6gpf, round seat. pressure assisted. They are both on the voluntary recall list for the flushmate. the repair kits they sent do not allow the toilet to operate to our satisfaction. The U band does not even fit on one.

Last edited:

Penny Weiss

Bless our troops!
Reaction score
I can't flush my toilet!

I'm moving this out of this forum since this is for American Standard

Problem: I can't flush my Sloan Flushmate toilet

Story: I bought this house in 2010 and was startled the first time I flushed the toilet; I opened the back and found I had a Sloan Flushmate. Knowing nothing about this toilet, ....

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Good luck with a class action lawsuit. You will get a $25.00 credit slip to apply against your next American Standard toilet purchase, and the lawyers will put MILLIONS of dollars in their back accounts.

Penny Weiss

Bless our troops!
Reaction score
I do have to say that Flushmate has been awesome, to say the least! I called today and explained that the kit they sent didn't work, nor did the new cartridge they provided at no charge.

They are shipping out a new tank! I'll let you know if that resolves this problem since it will be a new, 2014 not-yet-under-recall tank! I just wish I had a wrench to remove the old tank. I don't think I have an oil filter wrench, as that would work. Aha! 99-cent store!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks