Capped off drain50 gal. On w.h. ??????? I catch you i kill you

Users who are viewing this thread

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Todays work, I work alone these days, 70 in Jan. Remove 50 gal. 30 year old Rheem W.H. , Install new Brad. Wht. 50 gal. Also remove old boiler. cap off. All set with My 3/4" nipple ,end cap N schrader air valve. Hose off drain, air set up off either feed ,Walla emptys E Z. except CAPPED DRAIN. WTF ??. So old irishman Waltzes with 500 lbs of water N tin, Out the garage.
Well in spite of that NUMB NUTS I got it all done, check in Hand. NUTIN IS EZ. The hunt begins for Mr. Numb Nuts. :mad:

Wallskev

Reaction score
If you took all that out why not just saw off the nipple or drill a hole, or bang a hole to drain the Old HW Heater ?
:cool: I think you should rethink who you call names before you "Dance with the 500# Tank again". ~(_8^(I)

Toolaholic

Reaction score
If you took all that out why not just saw off the nipple or drill a hole, or bang a hole to drain the Old HW Heater ?
:cool: I think you should rethink who you call names before you "Dance with the 500# Tank again". ~(_8^(I)

That's a brilliant idea unscrew mip and 50 Gal . of water flooding Cust. personal belongings. Guess You don't work in the trade !#*#%***

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
78 next month, and I ALWAYS "waltz" the old heater out of the way so it can drain while I install the new one, unless the heater is on an 18" pedestal.

Toolaholic

Reaction score
78 next month, and I ALWAYS "waltz" the old heater out of the way so it can drain while I install the new one, unless the heater is on an 18" pedestal.

We,re a dieing breed,. Congrads on Your age !

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hope your plumbing skills are better than you command of the English language and your spelling and typing skills.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I pump them out if I can't get at the drain or the drain valve is fubar'd Sta-rite makes a nice little pump that works just perfect. Or, you can piss and moan and swear and blame the last guy and get a good chiropractor LOL

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yikes! A bunch of college English Majors in this forum, I guess.

I agree that it took a little concentration to read Boston1's cryptic message, but it was totally clear to me, and a very colorful tale indeed!

Given that I have a friend my own (substantially younger) age who still looks at computers like some kind of Magic Wizard Box to be avoided, I commend Boston1 for changing with the times, learning a new skill, and getting online. You don't HAVE to know computers to operate and market a small business these days, but you're either using extra time or missing opportunities if you don't, so it's laudable at 70 to be doing so.

I was pretty impressed the other day when the independent-businessman drain guy that JerryMac recommended to me whipped out his tablet computer at the conclusion of the job and instantly generated a fine-looking invoice online, which he then emailed to me. When I handed him the check, he sent me one electronically marked "PAID". I also saw that his tablet computer and whatever software he was using let him accept Paypal for immediate payment of the invoice by credit card or bank account. That whole setup gets him back on the road, with money in his pocket and accounting taken-care-of, in basically the same time it normally takes for someone to wait for a check.

Toolaholic

Reaction score
Yikes! A bunch of college English Majors in this forum, I guess.

I agree that it took a little concentration to read Boston1's cryptic message, but it was totally clear to me, and a very colorful tale indeed!

Given that I have a friend my own (substantially younger) age who still looks at computers like some kind of Magic Wizard Box to be avoided, I commend Boston1 for changing with the times, learning a new skill, and getting online. You don't HAVE to know computers to operate and market a small business these days, but you're either using extra time or missing opportunities if you don't, so it's laudable at 70 to be doing so.

I was pretty impressed the other day when the independent-businessman drain guy that JerryMac recommended to me whipped out his tablet computer at the conclusion of the job and instantly generated a fine-looking invoice online, which he then emailed to me. When I handed him the check, he sent me one electronically marked "PAID". I also saw that his tablet computer and whatever software he was using let him accept Paypal for immediate payment of the invoice by credit card or bank account. That whole setup gets him back on the road, with money in his pocket and accounting taken-care-of, in basically the same time it normally takes for someone to wait for a check.
Well I found out 15 Years ago that i have always been dyslexic. Folks had no idea of this in the 50s. But I can fix most anything. Helo Mech. Sgt.USMC
X Ray cert papers. Cabinet shop , plumber , Elec. Lic. B Gen. Contr. Ca. Not to bad for a Guy that has spelling problems. They call Me for My other skills.

Cookie

Reaction score
I commend you Boston, dyslexic is something hard to be reckoned with. You have done well. :) I am an okay speller, but, grammar? Nah, my kids have much better grammar, etc; and I got a very distinct NY, Bronx type accent which is at times hard to understand for most folks, especially, those from OHIO, lol. Funny, I read your first post and got it all. :) I am sorry, that I cannot contribute any answers to your questions. 78, that is wonderful for you.

Last edited:

Toolaholic

Reaction score
I commend you Boston, dyslexic is something hard to be reckoned with. You have done well. :) I am an okay speller, but, grammar? Nah, my kids have much better grammar, etc; and I got a very distinct NY, Bronx type accent which is at times hard to understand for most folks, especially, those from OHIO, lol. Funny, I read your first post and got it all. :) I am sorry, that I cannot contribute any answers to your questions. 78, that is wonderful for you.

Thank You Cookie, Actually ,HJ will be 78 next month. I turn 70 in Jan. A hose bib is necessary on Water heaters. I always write on the heater, date installed. I also write with magic marker to drain with garden hose for 5 minutes each year. Doing this will get sediment off tank bottom,and add Years to the W.H. For the life of Me ,I can't imagine capping one off with an end cap ! Sometimes I use My pump , to assist draining, sometimes compressed air.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
70 + wrkg lookin ++good, mybe little bit of nuts numbing, goswit 500 pound tango partner..... Ya Katch him, you no kill him!!! he'll teach none even lookit the hetr. Mebby i in 500. numbnuts will show how caps come off too! WTF!!! getchyer hamr ++ big chisel or drill, or siphon hose and no nutnumbin waltz needs!!!!! nutins EZ cept complainin.

Toolaholic

Reaction score
70 + wrkg lookin ++good, mybe little bit of nuts numbing, goswit 500 pound tango partner..... Ya Katch him, you no kill him!!! he'll teach none even lookit the hetr. Mebby i in 500. numbnuts will show how caps come off too! WTF!!! getchyer hamr ++ big chisel or drill, or siphon hose and no nutnumbin waltz needs!!!!! nutins EZ cept complainin.

Yo My Kida Guy. We wtr bd hIM TGER

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks