valve between hose bib supply - softened and untreated

Users who are viewing this thread

Lifespeed

Reaction score
The hose bib take-off from the city raw water is only 6 feet from the filter/softener outlet. Shouldn't I join them with a full port three way valve to be able to select softened water at my hose bibs for washing the car, windows, skylights, etc?

Would I be hopelessly optimisitic to think occasionally filling the hose bib copper pipes with softened water would have any effect on scale? They're new, not scaled yet.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Why not simply install a couple of new hosebibs with hot and cold soft water? I have hosebibs with four different water types; raw unfiltered well water, iron filtered/unsoftened, iron filtered/softened hot and iron filtered/softened cold.

Lifespeed

Reaction score
Why not simply install a couple of new hosebibs with hot and cold soft water? I have hosebibs with four different water types; raw unfiltered well water, iron filtered/unsoftened, iron filtered/softened hot and iron filtered/softened cold.

Switching the hose bibs with a valve at the raw water junction is 6 feet of plumbing. You're suggestion is about 100 feet, although admittedly very convenient.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks