Shower pitch/drain problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Wmh995

Reaction score
I built a wet bed w Portland, used a membrane, built pitch on top, then tiled w mosaics. I used a standard drain assembly w threads.
My issue is the water does not completely drain. After a shower there is a small pool, about a square foot, next to drain. I realized after the fact that the whole room has a slight slope so my low point is just off of where my drain sits.
My question is can I chip around my drain to free it up from the mortar to lower the height and also chip up a few mosaics so that I can increase the pitch in the immediate area around the drain (without compromising the membrane etc.)? Or is there another solution?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there is a next time, draw a level line around the perimeter at the needed height, then slope the bed all the way around evenly to the drain starting at that line. If the liner isn't sloped right, fixing just the top won't solve the problem as some moisture will naturally get beneath the top, tiled surface and pool in the liner. I have my opinions, but see what the others here have to say. For more opinions, check out www.johnbridge.com.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks