(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill gates reinventing the toilet?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    I wish Bill would put more of his money at home. Parts of this country make Somalia look good.

If he gives these toilets away, I hope it comes with a birth control implant. Those countries are birthing themselves into oblivion.

And Bill, lets make these in some closed American woodworking or auto factory, and give us a piece of the action.
    we couldn't sell these to China let alone ethopia/africa/thailand/borneo/insert diseased country here.. it's a waste of money. go dig them some wells, that way they won't have to poop in the water they drink out of. we already have composting toilets.. how come Mr. Bill didn't look into those? why didn't he just buy 100k worth of those composting toilets and give them away? he's trying to make a dollar off of every dollar he 'gives' away...

I don't see why they wouldn't just dig a hole or find an empty space instead of crapping in their drinking water.

Is that even what they're doing? Do they have no toilets, or are they directing the waste lines into their water supply?

Just giving people things doesn't work. You have to teach them. If they aren't advanced enough to understand on their own then it needs to be explained to them. If they still don't understand, then good luck and goodbye.

When the French left Haiti, they left them with roads, modern (for their time) buildings and systems in place that they merely had to continue to follow. They were incapable and now live in hell.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't see why they wouldn't just dig a hole or find an empty space.

They are already doing that. What they are trying to do, is to provide a set place for body functions, in a place that is not out in the open and near a ground water supply. Here if you have a septic system, you have to locate it a good distance away from a well. And of course, if we let our kids wander off and find an "open space" near the well, then you still wind up with undrinkable water. It's as much to do with changing the habit as it is the containment. Where I live, we wouldn't wonder off to the neighbors and find an "open spot". My neighbors dogs do that sometimes. The nice ones bring along an owner with a pooper scooper bag.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Next-level sh!t: Bill Gates has seen the future, and it is craptacular

I need to add this link. It has the Slum Dog video clip on it too. Very memorable. It will be interesting when I travel to India this year.

Next-level sh!t: Bill Gates has seen the future, and it is craptacular

http://grist.org/business-technology...s-craptacular/