is CST744S the same as T734S-01?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jasmine123

Reaction score
The chain on the flapper of my Toto G-Max disconnected. I don't know if something may have broken off the flapper. (see attachment) At any rate, I may buy a new flapper and would like to find out if Toto Model CST744S is the same (essentially) as Model TOTST743S-01.

Any information would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Toto Flapper.jpg
    Toto Flapper.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 567

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
ST743S is the tank number for either the round or elongated Drake with the GMax (1.6gpf) flush. The -01 is the color (Cotton White in that case). In other words, the round bowl GMax Drake and the elongated bowl GMax Drake use the same tank.

CST744S is the model number for the combination of tank plus bowl that makes up the elongated Gmax Drake.

That said, the flapper you want is the Korky "Fits Toto" Red flapper, model 2021PK at Lowe's. Here is a link to the page: Korky "Fits Toto" Red Flapper at Lowes The easiest way to make sure you get the right one is to pull it up online on their web site and buy it for pick up in store; that way, they find it and pick it off the shelf for you and have it waiting. Many local hardware stores, ACE, etc. have it as well. It's model 2021CM at Home Depot. It's model 2021BP most everywhere else. (In other words, you can usually ignore the letters after the 2021 as they change by retailer.)

Korky makes many of the actual fittings inside Toto toilets for Toto, and the flapper I mention is considered a factory-authorized replacement part, and probably is the highest-quality, best flapper you can get for a GMax toilet. Here's the page for it on the manufacturer's web site: Korky Red Flapper for Toto If you click on the "Instructions" link, it will show you a duplicate of the instructions that are on the box. In those instructions, Korky even suggests how many links of chain you should allow by model number of GMax toilet; that's how tight they are with Toto.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to a Lowe's. I would bet that other stores would also have them, but Lowe's has a very wide selection. The flapper boxes are all labeled with the toilet model(s). Get the one that is for your toilet. FWIW, I had a similar experience with a flapper. The hook on the end of the chain that connects to the flapper pulled through the hole on top of the flapper. I'd bet if you look closely at the flapper, you will see that is what happened.

Jasmine123

Reaction score
Go to a Lowe's. I would bet that other stores would also have them, but Lowe's has a very wide selection. The flapper boxes are all labeled with the toilet model(s). Get the one that is for your toilet. FWIW, I had a similar experience with a flapper. The hook on the end of the chain that connects to the flapper pulled through the hole on top of the flapper. I'd bet if you look closely at the flapper, you will see that is what happened.

Yes, that's what happened, so it's kind of like getting a new tire for a car -- except that the toilet needs new flappers . . . . Thanks to everybody!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks