On the island with no water

Users who are viewing this thread

higgey

Reaction score
Hi folks and thanks in advance for your help. At the cottage, no water.
We use a franklin 1/2 hp 115 very submersible water pump with a flotec 42 gal pressure tank (bladder type). Last weekend we started blowing breakers. With the pump on the dock turned the breaker on and had no power. Took the pump to the city had it rebuilt and still have no water.

We have 22 lbs pressure in the bladder and we tried another pressure regulator. The only thing I can think of is the electric control panel, does any one know how to test the control.

The wires go from breaker to pressure switch to control panel to pump....

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
Did you check the voltage of the motor? might be that they put a 220v motor back on. what did they do to rebuild the pump? there really is not much to rebuild in a submersible pump.

higgey

Reaction score
After pulling the pump and testing it on the dock we found that the pump wouldn't start every time. It seems that the guy who rebuilt the pump didn't. I bought a jet pump and have it running now. Two weekends without water was enough.

Thanks for everyone's help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks