(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: dripping single handle shower faucet

Hybrid View

Default dripping single handle shower faucet

I have a single handled shower that keeps dripping from the shower head. My house was built in '65, I can't find any make/model on the handle. There is no lower faucet, just the handle and the shower head. It is the kind where the water starts off cold as you turn the handle and then gets hotter as you turn further. The water comes out at a steady rate - no adjustment for this. I took pieces to ACE hardware and the man there could not find anything similar in a Danco catalogue. I have sketched out a cross section of what I can get at with the handle assembly. Can I fax it to anyone in the hopes of getting some advice?
    Thank you - Peter.

Question Digital Picture

Please post a digital picture of it here. Someone in this forum will most definitely be able to identify the brand.
    If not, bring the pieces to a plumbing supply house in your area, you may have better luck than finding replacement parts in a hardware store.
    e-plumber

In most cases, if you take just the handle to a good plumbing supply house, the counter man could recognize the brand. If you take the cartridge too, so much the better. If you have a digital camera, you can post pictures here using photobucket.com.

I don't have a digital camera but may be able to borrow one. For now, I scanned the sketch that I made and put it into photobucket per suggestion - the url is below. I am also not sure if we have any plumbing supply places in town but will try to find one of those as well.
    Please let me know if the sketch is useful.
    Thanks again - Peter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ram/Plumb1.bmp
    Last edited by terry; 09-08-2004 at 05:43 PM.

Thumbs up The sketch is very good but small

It's hard to decipher the exact brand from the sketch.
    You do not need photobucket.com when you do borrow a dig cam, there is the option to post it directly to the forum, use the tools above where the text goes.
    e-plumber

Default Deb

The picture isn't too clear, but it could be a Price Pfister--the handle and the stem look a bit Price-Pfisterish to me. Might start there.
    Deb
    The Pipewench

I managed to borrow a digital camera so I can display some pictures. Hopefully I attached them the right way and you can see them. Thanks to everyone so far. Please let me know if these pictures make the shower faucet I have recognizable and if anyone has an idea of how to fix the drip.

Thank you - Peter.