Toto Eco Drake and Eco Ultramax vs Drake II and Ultramax II

Users who are viewing this thread

jla

Reaction score
I am planning to buy two Toto toilets, ADA height preferably with CEFIONTECT finish. One for the master bath (a one piece) and one for a second bath that is not used alot (so can be less expensive). I was told to go with the Eco Ultramax and Eco Drake because they have the better flushing ability given the wider trap which uses the E-max flush system. Is this accurate? This would mean these 2 toilets perform better than the newer
Ultramax II and Drake II which use the cyclone flushing system. Also, is there any other difference between these toilets?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well, that's certainly one opinion.

The Drake II and EcoDrake are both 1.28gpf. Drake II [CST454CEFG] comes standard with the Double Cyclone flush, CEFIONTECT Finish, and Universal Height.
On the EcoDrake, you have a choice of either CEFIONTECT [CST744EG] OR Universal Height [CST744EF] OR ADA Height [CST744EL]; they don't make a higher model in CEFIONTECT.

Similar differences between the EcoUltramax and the Ultramax II, but they do make an ELG version of the EcoUltramax that's ADA Height and with CEFIONTECT [MS854114ELG]. However, because the II versions come with a bunch of stuff as standard equipment, that toilet is likely to cost you more than the Ultramax II.

At the end of the day, it depends upon whether you want the Double-Cyclone or not. The trap diameter is 2-1/8 on both systems, and, if anything, the Double Cyclone toilets have a trapway that benefitted from additional thinking by Toto (e.g. it's newer).

I think they should all work fine, and you should get the one that you think looks best and meets your price point. We have a Carlyle II (double-cyclone) and two Drakes. They're different, but they all work great. A little better bowl rinse with the Double Cyclone, and the CEFIONTECT is nice.

Last edited:

jla

Reaction score
So if you were buying 2 new Toto toilets today, a 1-piece and a 2-piece, what would you get?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If I wanted ADA height and CEFIONTECT, I would go with the Drake II and the Ultramax II. I like their looks, plus a good value since you get basically a fully-equipped toilet at a good price: Universal Height, CEFIONTECT, Eco-Flush, Double-Cyclone. If you like the looks of the originals better (and I do like the looks of the original Drake), then I would go with one or the other of them. But I myself would probably go as I say.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks