No recirculating hot water after water heater installation - photos

Users who are viewing this thread

KarenS

Reaction score
Water heater installer says he didn't change anything. But we had instant hot water for 15 years; now we don't. The pump itself is very hot. I've taken photos--don't know what's relevant and what's not. Can anyone see anything that looks wrong in the photos? Any suggestions? I can take more photos if I've missed an important view.

Fingers crossed...
Thanks,
Karen heater10.jpgheater02.jpgheater06.jpgheater05.jpgheater08.jpg

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
If the pump itself is "very hot" there's some chance that it's "on", but not turning. (Due to crud in the impeller, frozen bearings, or an electrical fault in the motor itself, etc.) If you have the necessary electrician skills you should be able to determine with a meter and some probing whether power to the pump motor is on, and you'd also be able to tell by listening or feeling whether it's actually spinning. But a "very hot" motor reads like it's pulling power 100% of the time even if it's not spinning.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your photos do not show a check valve in the pump's line. If is there, it may be installed wrong or not working. If it is not there, you will NOT get hot water quickly, and may not even get ANY hot water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks