Shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

jeff45

Reaction score
I have 2 Price Pfister tub/shower valves that rarely get used. I ran the water just to flow some water thru them and when I lifted the shower diverter the valves were very noisey. It is a high pitched squeal only when I divert to the shower head. What is the fix for this? Thanks! Jeff

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The seal on the tub spout divertor has dried out and doesn't seal well. At least that is what used to happen on my shower. I have a different system now. It might resolve it if you replace the tub spout/divertor. I found that if I played with the divertor a little (push is down just a slight bit), it solved the problem until it eventually worked again after repeated wettings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks