question: slow recharge rate in shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

curt21

Reaction score
Hi there, quick question on the recharge rate of a shallow well. I have a 2 foot diameter well 16 feet underground with about 10 feet of water when full (top of water table at this time of year). How long should it take for the well to fill to the top level? Running the well down to the foot valve (2 feet from the bottom) and leaving it for 12 hours only results in the water level reaching about 5 feet. This seems very slow. Should I wait for the well to reach top level first before beginning regular use?
Thanks everyone, all help is appreciated as I'm new to this

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You need a storage tank and a booster pump system. I am guessing 5’ of water in a 24” casing is maybe 40 gallons. So you get 80 gallons per day. The bottom part will refill faster. So you might get more water if you let it recharge maybe only 4’ before pumping it to the storage tank. Once you get a 1,000 gallon storage tank full, with conservation you might keep it full with the 80 gallons per day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks