(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Using an iPhone/iPad on-site

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member Brady_55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    3

    Default Using an iPhone/iPad on-site

    I recently purchased an apple iPad, and I'd like to use it in my contracting business. Particularly, to create and send invoices and estimates would be great (I can save mounds of paper).

    But i've yet to find anything that really fits my needs. Are there any recommendations/reviews on a program that can create and send estimates and invoices on an iPad? Or even an iPhone?

    Brady
    Last edited by Brady_55; 07-31-2012 at 09:40 AM.

  2. #2
    DIY Junior Member aquadood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlantis, TX
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_55 View Post
    I recently purchased an apple iPad, and I'd like to use it in my contracting business, as it's very portable. Particularly, to create and send invoices and estimates would be great (I can save mounds of paper).

    But i've yet to find anything that really fits my needs. Are there any recommendations/reviews on a program that can create and send estimates and invoices on an iPad? Or even an iPhone?

    Brady
    What are you using right now to keep track of your invoices and estimates? Depending on the software you already use, you want to find something that integrates with that.

  3. #3
    DIY Junior Member Brady_55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I've just been using an excel sheet that I created to help me calculate my estimates. I then place that info a word invoice template and send to the customer as a .pdf. For invoices I sometimes use the same word template, or I write out through an invoice book that I always have with me. I keep track of all jobs/customers in excel right now. Nothing fancy... but it gets the job done. It's just takes me a lot of time

  4. #4
    Jack of all trades DonL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_55 View Post
    I've just been using an excel sheet that I created to help me calculate my estimates. I then place that info a word invoice template and send to the customer as a .pdf. For invoices I sometimes use the same word template, or I write out through an invoice book that I always have with me. I keep track of all jobs/customers in excel right now. Nothing fancy... but it gets the job done. It's just takes me a lot of time
    You may be wanting to over Complicate things.

    What you are doing now is keeping your data more secure than if you use a Iphone or Ipad.

    I would think that Customers info should be secure, whatever you decide to use.

    Quality work takes time...
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

    Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

  5. #5
    DIY Junior Member aquadood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlantis, TX
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_55 View Post
    I've just been using an excel sheet that I created to help me calculate my estimates. I then place that info a word invoice template and send to the customer as a .pdf. For invoices I sometimes use the same word template, or I write out through an invoice book that I always have with me. I keep track of all jobs/customers in excel right now. Nothing fancy... but it gets the job done. It's just takes me a lot of time
    I actually dont think youll be able to do that on an IPad, thats using 3 different PC programs. Pretty much for the word and excel, I know that quickoffice for ipad works. - http://www.quickoffice.com/

    For more security you may want to look into a dedicated invoice management system that works on mobile and web platforms.

  6. #6

    Default

    I use an Iphone to scan hand written invoices and email them from the job if I need to. Works well and only takes a minute. You snap three pics of the invoice and the program converts that to a PDF document and attaches it to an email for you.

  7. #7
    Jack of all trades DonL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hackneyplumbing View Post
    I use an Iphone to scan hand written invoices and email them from the job if I need to. Works well and only takes a minute. You snap three pics of the invoice and the program converts that to a PDF document and attaches it to an email for you.
    What software are you using ?

    I am not sure if I would trust OCR using a camera, It must be some good software if it works %100.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

    Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

  8. #8
    DIY Junior Member Brady_55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aquadood View Post
    I actually dont think youll be able to do that on an IPad, thats using 3 different PC programs. Pretty much for the word and excel, I know that quickoffice for ipad works. - http://www.quickoffice.com/

    For more security you may want to look into a dedicated invoice management system that works on mobile and web platforms.
    Definitely. Some sort of program that could do everything mentioned above in one program would be great. That's based on iPad = even better.

Similar Threads

  1. Connecting your IPhone or Blackberry to your shower's sound system - Bluetooth WiFi
    By johnfrwhipple in forum Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 06:47 AM
  2. iphone pics won't load
    By tregg in forum Computers and Stuff
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:35 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 08:13 AM
  4. Thank you all for this site
    By mrwb in forum Toilet Forum discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 01:53 PM
  5. The SSI web site
    By amando75 in forum Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •