American Standard Cadet 3 with a defect...return or keep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wptski

Retired Machine Repairman
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a Cadet 3 10" rough in purchased from Home Depot. My first ever toilet install. I noticed that the glazing on the underside of any contour is thin.

As far as the rocking on a flat floor, check across the bottom with a level, etc. and if it's like mine, the exit opening is higher than the edge.

By far the worst online order experience I've ever had! I ordered a toilet seat and the toilet. The seat and tank came but not the bowl using UPS tracking not shown with the order number. They don't know anything but the next day the bowl came with yet another UPS number. I then get my first ever email refering to the order sounding like I'm getting another bowl. I call to get it canceled. Two days ago, I get another bowl with another UPS tracking number. I call and they say UPS will pick it up 24-72 hrs. So, it's on my porch for two days. I call again, they say that the UPS order to pickup is in process and I'll get an email for the UPS pickup date. Yeah, right!

So, now it's taking up space in my garage! I could have kept it and those idiots wouldn't know the difference.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't find this forum earlier. For around the price of that Cadet, you could have a Toto Drake 10" rough-in; and if you're having it delivered, there are some better ways to accomplish that than HD. But live and learn. If the thing otherwise has no defects, and you can eliminate the rock and you are otherwise happy with it, then it's a success. And if you ever need some help in the future picking a quality toilet at a good price, just let us know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks