Toilet float doesn't sink!

Users who are viewing this thread

veloria

Reaction score
About a month ago, I replaced the entire insides of my toilet because it kept giving me problems. Since, then it doesn't always refill completely. I was looking at it today and I realized that the float (not a float ball, but one that is attached to the body of the valve) is not sinking. I can push it down and it will work, but it gets stuck up again the next time around. Any suggestions on how to get this float looser?

Thanks! :)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like you are talking about a Fluidmaster 400A; check to see if it is turned so it rubs on the side of the tank.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Are you talking about the fill valve or the flapper. The flapper is what goes up when you push the handle, then it goes down.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
400a

Mike Swearingen said:
If it's a float-cup type refill assembly like a Fluidmaster 400A, you need to hold the float cup under water at first to get it to work properly.
Mike

That has not had to be done since the original 400's which had the open cup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks