Been looking at fixtures for a gutted bathroom remodel. Most of the modern tub/shower trim sets I like seem to be made for a single handle pressure-balancing valve, apparently without any flow control, although I do see a lot of separate flow control valves & trim.

Are people just not using flow control on tub/showers any more? Are the flow restrictions so strict on the new stuff that they're useless? Or am I missing something.

Thanks for any input.