Adding a washer drain to main drain in basement....

Users who are viewing this thread

Phantomvs

Reaction score
Hi Guys !!

I have been lurking in the shadows for awhile.....Great forum i always loved reading stuff here and i took your toilet reviews when i bought my new toilet.

I finally decided to register as i came across a problem and would like some advice.

The wife and i decided we would like to move our washer downstairs in the basement. We would like to move it to the left of the main drain stack.

The problem i am having is i am not to sure how to connect the drain & vent. I wanted to tap into existing cleanout but its a 3.5'' ABS and i can't seem to find anything that will fit.

Of course i would of readded a cleanout if it would of worked...so thats out of the question.

Then i thought of cutting the main stack but the height i would have to cut is over 18'' from the floor, cause there is the cleanout and a vent / drain that goes in the garage for a sink.

So cutting all above that to add a washer would be over 18'' from the floor and i am afraid it would be to high for the washer to drain properly ??

Any ideas.....how i can add a washer drain line ??? How would you guys do it ?

I would hate to dig up the floor as i don't want to spend big bucks.

I added some pics to give you guys a better idea of what i am up against.

Thanks in advance !
drain.jpg
drain2.jpg
drain3.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks