Matching Delta's "Venetian" Bronze finish and water filter systems....

Users who are viewing this thread

single_digit

Reaction score
I am planning to install a Delta Leland Pull down Faucet on my kitchen sink. Additionally I am planning to put in an under-sink water filtration system. Ideally I was going to go with the venetian bronze finish, but I'm worried that the spigot for my water filter will not match. Delta offers a couple of faucets of their own to this end (1914DST, 1977DST), but they are not cheap and they are more of a traditional faucet. I was looking for something more along the lines of a Watts type faucet, but I have no idea on what will match Delta finish. My backup plan is simply to go all chrome since it should be far more forgiving, but I'd really like to have the Oil Rubbed Bronze look. Any body have any experience with this (and hopefully some suggested models)?
Also, I've not put in one of these under sink water filter systems. I'm looking at the Culligan US-600A. I don't know a lot about these, but some water tap faucets seem to be air-gap. Does anyone know if this culligan system needs an air gap faucet or not? Sorry for my ignorance.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not sure about the kitchen stuff, but when I tried to replace a bronze tub/shower fixture, I found the bronze in that older model was no longer available. I could go with chrome, so I did...a brand new up to date anti scald fixture and never looked back. Matching old colors is always a challenge not matter what the product or manufacture. You may want to consider updating to new.

single_digit

Reaction score
Matching old colors is always a challenge not matter what the product or manufacture. You may want to consider updating to new.

This is not old. I haven't made the purchase yet, but Delta doesn't use the term "Oil Rubbed Bronze". They call it "Venetian" across their product lines. I'm simply trying to match my purchases without lots of costly shipping on returns.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am planning to install a Delta Leland Pull down Faucet on my kitchen sink. Additionally I am planning to put in an under-sink water filtration system. Ideally I was going to go with the venetian bronze finish, but I'm worried that the spigot for my water filter will not match. Delta offers a couple of faucets of their own to this end (1914DST, 1977DST), but they are not cheap and they are more of a traditional faucet. I was looking for something more along the lines of a Watts type faucet, but I have no idea on what will match Delta finish. My backup plan is simply to go all chrome since it should be far more forgiving, but I'd really like to have the Oil Rubbed Bronze look. Any body have any experience with this (and hopefully some suggested models)?
Also, I've not put in one of these under sink water filter systems. I'm looking at the Culligan US-600A. I don't know a lot about these, but some water tap faucets seem to be air-gap. Does anyone know if this culligan system needs an air gap faucet or not? Sorry for my ignorance.
I think if you look at the Delta items HD or Lowe's has on their shelves labled "Venetian Bronze", you will find some visible variations in shades from one box to the other of the identicle item. I found it is best to buy all the items at the same time if you are truly concerned about "exact match" in color tones. I recently went though this, not with kitchen items, but with bathroom fixtures and accessories. Yes, different manufacturers call very similar finishes by their own names. Oil rubbed bronze in my opinion, is a very nice color, but with all the different names, and any one mfr having variations in shades from one item to the next of the same model, maybe we need to believe that these are hand crafted finishes. Some manufacturers even say oil rubbed bronze is a "living finish".

single_digit

Reaction score
Fair enough about the variation and buying suggestions, but I am going through the internet with different products from different manufacturers. I already did the same with a bathroom, but there things were more forgiving, since the sink drain is not right beside the faucet and the towel racks and bath faucet aren't right next to each other. I did notice though, that my bathroom faucet was a very brownish color while most of the other stuff was black with coppery "scratches". Unfortunately the local Lowes only special orders the faucet I'm interested in with a bronze finish; chrome is all they keep in stock. I did find this where one of the comments mentioned that it was a near perfect match for their Delta finish, so that is what I'm leaning toward at the moment.
Which brings me to the other part of my original post.... For one of the Culligan undersink filtration system (see original post), that the Non-air gap is what I want for this faucet... Any one have any knowledge on this. I haven't dealt with one of these under sink filters before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks