Foot Valve Size

Users who are viewing this thread

cr506

Reaction score
I had a 2" well drilled. The driller put a pvc cap on it since I was going to finish it out later myself. The cap was on for the last few months. I bought the packer assembly, foot valve, SRA's etc. I was told I needed a 1 1/4" foot valve. When I went to drop the piping into the well the foot valve would not go. It was too big. Is this the correct size foot valve for a 2" well or could the cap possibly have had some effect on the pipe?

The well piping is lettered with green lettering & says 2" jet pipe, or something similar to that wording.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have to have a special footvalve that will fit in 2" casing, not all 1-1/4" footvalves will go.

If you have a Goulds jet (common) then it uses a 1" footvalve. Sta-Rite uses 1-1/4" footvalves.

Whatever you do make sure you use a brass jet. Cast iron will eat out in some water conditions as it will be the only metal in the plastic well.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks