pressurize RO reservoir water? need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Kyle Dudley

Reaction score
im trying to pressurize the water from my reservoir so i use in my grow room. right now im pumping the water into 5 gallon jugs and carrying them upto my room,
my idea is to use a sump pump(float switch disconnected) to a smal 10-20 gal pressure tank controlled by a pressure switch, and them from there to my room that will have multiple faucets/spickets
theoretically it would be a small scale well system but instead of the pump in a well it will be in a 35Gal reservoir
will this work?? will a sump pump be strong enough to work with the setup i described?and how powerful should the pump be(horsepower wise?)?

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
I don't think plants want to live off of r/o water.. i think they may need some minerals in the water. not sure though because I don't grow pot, er, um,... plants and flowers and such. just a thought though. if you really want to use r/o water, why not just run a longer tube up to your room? the r/o faucet would not be able to make a lot of pressure before it shut off and went down the drain as waste water. the r/o system should be able to pump about 25 feet of 1/4" tube, so just run a line to where you want it and then use a shutoff at that point. easy peasy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks