Iron Remover/Water Softener redesign

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The dry pellet chlorinator I suggest is not a pellet dropper.

It is a much better chlorinator than a solution feeder or the water powered types and the maintenance is much less. Nine out of ten hoseholds can set it on the minimum dose and leave it there.

The dry pellet chlorinator with the mixing/retention tank Automated makes is fail proof unless you don't follow directions as to installing or maintaining it, which is true with all types of chlorinators. The mixing tank is equivalent to a regular 120 gallon tank.

Maintenance is to drain or flush the bottom of the mixing tank periodically (it has a bottom drain to connect a garden hose or piece of one to), based on how much iron is in your water, and to replace pellets about every 6-12 weeks, that's based on your water quality (iron or H2s) and how much water you use.

Beware that there is a knock off of the chlorinator that doesn't work near as well and has had serious problems, and don't mix different brands of pellets or use pellets with lower physical strength ratings.

Reaction score
The dry pellet chlorinator I suggest is not a pellet dropper.

It is a much better chlorinator than a solution feeder or the water powered types and the maintenance is much less. Nine out of ten hoseholds can set it on the minimum dose and leave it there.

The dry pellet chlorinator with the mixing/retention tank Automated makes is fail proof unless you don't follow directions as to installing or maintaining it, which is true with all types of chlorinators. The mixing tank is equivalent to a regular 120 gallon tank.

Maintenance is to drain or flush the bottom of the mixing tank periodically (it has a bottom drain to connect a garden hose or piece of one to), based on how much iron is in your water, and to replace pellets about every 6-12 weeks, that's based on your water quality (iron or H2s) and how much water you use.

Beware that there is a knock off of the chlorinator that doesn't work near as well and has had serious problems, and don't mix different brands of pellets or use pellets with lower physical strength ratings.

Are you talking about that model 400 I referenced???

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks