Who likes Sundays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I used to like Sundays. I don't anymore. I would rather have an open house to do or any work than none. I volunteer to do Sundays and have become very popular with co workers. It wasn't always like this.

It used to be I loved Sundays and couldn't wait until, that day came. I called it, Delicious Coffee Day.

See, I never learned to make a good coffee, infact, it was quite undrinkable. On Sundays I would wake up and knew my husband was in the basement. Smoking that cigerette. lol. I would open the kitchen door leading to the basement and he would say, " Mommmy Too, you want to go get a delicious coffee?" And, I would scamper getting a slice of bread to go.

There, we would jump into my car, which he called Flash, ( it was red and went fast) and we would head down to McDonalds. There we would sip our delicious coffees and that slice of bread? Was to feed the birds. We named pretty much most of them. One was Walking Crow. He would sit ontop the pole and wait his turn letting the little sputzies eat first. Then, he would fly down and walk over to the car for his.

After feeding the Sunday birds we would head home to our little table in the basement where we would finish our coffees and with the little black & white Tv on, I would read him the local rag the local Sunday news.

He would pat his knee saying, " mommmy too, come sit with me." There I would sit on his lap, wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his face. We did this for 24 years years.

It is Sunday and I wish my buddy was here. You see, our anniversary is coming up, we would had been married now, 31 years. He might have traded me in. :)

Marriage can work folks, when you find your soul mate.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
My best friend is in the middle of a divorce. Pretty much at the tail-end. She reads here and is my very closest friend.
Marriage can work when you find your soul mate.

Last edited:

Jeanrose770

Reaction score
I take part in Sunday Fundays weekly:) Spend that day doing whatever makes you happy. Whether its out for a day on the town, or a day in sweats and being lazy around your house! Make the decision to enjoy the day before it even arrives and that way when it does, you already know it will be a great day!

HouseE

Reaction score
I enjoy Sundays, it is the day that I laze around and catch up with the reading that I missed out during the weekdays.

RobertoAlvarez

Reaction score
Sundays are GREAT. It's a day to just chill out and relax. You can catch up with friends and family. And there's always some good sport on tv. Don't be wishing away your sundays.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks